Andrew Donoho, Web Theorist with IBM’s Emerging Internet Technology Team, has a long history working with both web standards and implementations. He was an early participant in crafting XHTML v1.0 and v1.1 and SVG v1.0. He has been creating and pushing implementations of the bi-directional web since 1999 and is extending that idea to building a Co-Web with a scalable UI for the last 18 months. He is trained in experimental physics with a degree from the University of Texas at Austin. He still lives in Austin with his wife.
I was a bit puzzled a while back when Leo Laporte left twitter for Jaiku. It didn’t make sense. Sure he said there was confusion with the name twit (“this week in tech, his trademark) and the twitter mark. I thought at the time he left that he could advance his cause better by staying on twitter and riding the wave at http://twitter.com/leolaporte … within hours of announced the switch he has 1200 twitter followers, compare that to the 2,600 twitter followers I have after about six months. I won’t look over my shoulder because if I did I would see Leo sprinting after me heading for Scoble’s pole position on twitter.
I listened to Leo and Amber’s net@nite podcast and gleaned that Leo doesn’t feel the trademark issue is relevant any more and, besides, twitter is where all the action is and has been for a while.
Here are Leo’s top ten Top 10 Reasons Why he’s Twittering Again
10. I’m not hip enough for Pownce.
8. Alex King’s Twitter Tools for Wordpress mean my Tweets become part of my blog and no longer evaporate.
7. I miss my San Francisco digerati A-list friends.
6. Jaiku is now Gooku and invite only.
5. How else am I going to find out what Merlin is up to?
4. It’s not about functionality, it’s about family.
3. iJustine said she would follow me.
2. All the cool kids are doing it.
and the number 1 reason why I’m Twittering again…
Scoble must be stopped!