Posts tagged apps
Twhirl – Twhirl is a popular desktop client based on Adobe AIR so it requires the AIR download. You’ll find AIR useful for other apps also. Twhirl has a lot of cool features including multiple Twitter accounts, connect to Friendfeed, post image to Twitpic, post to Pownce and Jaiku simultaneously, and search using Tweetscan. I use it on my Windows Vista sidebar along with . . .
AlertThingy! provides a connection to twitter, friendfeed, flickr, tinyurl and allows cross commenting. It’s better than it sounds and is used as a twitter replacement by many who want to make more sense out of twitter and narrow down their focus on specific people and topics.
TwitterCal – This service allows you to post events from your Google calendar to your Twitter accounts.
Twitter Digest – This tool allows you to subscribe to a message stream from a Twitter user of a group of users on the web or through an atom feed.
Summize – A Twitter search engine, contender for the top app in this category.
Flaptor Twitter Search – A simple Twitter search engine which generates an rss feed. Also provides trends, comparisons.
del.icio.us twitter tags – what people are bookmarking about twitter lately
TopTweet – This site provides you updates from the top Twitter personalities.
Twitter100 – Allocates a box to each of the people you follow on a single page and displays their latest tweets.
Quotably – Shows Twitter userâ€™s conversations in a threaded conversational style making it easier to follow.
Tweetburner – Tweetburner lets you track what happens with the links you share on Twitter.
TwitterLocal – This shows you all the tweets on a google map from your local area and generates an RSS Feed of tweets.
TweetCloud – Let’s you make a tagcloud from a twitter user, also indexes del.icio.us
Tweetpeek – You can create a group Twitter feed with Tweetpeek.
Twitku – Mashup of Twitter, Jaiku, and Pownce public timelines. You can also post from its interface.
TwitterNotes – You can create notes on TwitterNotes using Twitter and tagging your notes.
These are my links for February 4th through February 9th:
- FastCompany.com – Where ideas and people meet | Fast Company – Fast Company is about to shake things up again. Back in 1995, in our first issue, we announced on our cover: “Computing is…
- Flickr: The MICROSOFT: KEEP YOUR EVlL GRUBBY HANDS OFF OF OUR FLICKR Pool – funny flickr pix about microsoft
- HelloTxt – Home – post simultaneously to twitter, jaiku, pownce, plaxo, facebook, tumblr and a bunch more
- Free HTML Form Builder – Create Forms, Surveys and Invitations – web based form builder
- Splashup – Splashup, formerly Fauxto, is a powerful editing tool and photo manager. With all the features professionals use and novices want, it’s easy to use, works in real-time and allows you to edit many images at once.
- Popular Desktop Apps And Their Online Alternatives – blog index – Outfitting your computer with the latest software can be expensive. Time and money aren?t things to be wasted. With sky rocketing prices for desktop applications, you need to arm yourself with the right alternatives.
- Dive Into Web 2.0: Contents – great free web 2.0 ebook html version
- Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook – an really well presented book on the web 2.0 world
- featured drupal sites | latest showcase | drupal sites network – examples of drupal sites
- Membership Management Software and Website Design for Associations and Chambers of Commerce – Weblink International – web based membership management solution
- entrepreMusings – extraordinary woman raised about $15 million of which $3.5 million was from angels or what I would call boutique VC firms (i.e. a group of angels under one investment roof). Keep in mind that was all before the bubble burst back in 2001.
- Google Maps – googles come up with the killer election map and it’s full ‘o tweeters
- Tom Petty ? ( 187 Lyrics + 23 Albums ) – Tom Petty sings at Superbowl 2008 American Girl , Stand my Ground, Free Fallin’
These are my links for February 3rd:
- ScobleShow: Videoblog about geeks, technology, and developers – Larry Hryb is one of Microsoft’s most famous bloggers. He works on the Xbox Live team and visited the CES BlogHaus to talk about what he’s seeing.
- SpaceTime? – With SpaceTime’s? 3D Web Search, you choose your search engine from the drop down menu, type in your search term and enjoy the experience as SpaceTime? displays all your search results at once in our patent pending interface. Enjoy the perks that imme
- FastCompany.tv is Coming Soon – NEW YORK, January 16, 2008 – Mansueto Digital President Edward Sussman today announced the launch of FastCompany.TV, a new online video network featuring coverage of bleeding edge technology trends, interviews with leading executives and business people,
- Works 9.0 release near; Microsoft mum on whether Google Docs killer in wings – The latest update to Microsoft Corp.’s Works productivity software is expected to go on sale Wednesday amid renewed speculation that the long-standing, low-end counterpart to Microsoft Office is also being groomed to take on Google Inc. in the online offi
- Screencast-O-Matic – Screencast-O-Matic is the free and easy way to create a video recording of your screen (aka screencast) and upload it for free hosting all from your browser with no install!
- Linux.com :: CLI Magic: Linux troubleshooting tools 101 – When something goes wrong with your Linux-based system, you can try to diagnose it yourself with the many troubleshooting tools bundled with the operating system. Knowing about these tools, and how to effectively use them, can help you overcome many of th
- Facebook | Cisco Systems – This is a group for anyone around the world, who is pursuing a career with Cisco Systems, or any other company that utilizes products, services, and technologies from Cisco Systems.
- Flickr: Tools to upload and share your photos – There are loads of ways for you to upload your photos to Flickr, in addition to the web-based upload form. Try out one of these tools to get your photos online quickly and effectively.
- Linkwad :: Firefox Add-ons – Linkwad lets you save and restore tabbed browsing sessions called wads. Wads can be shared and accessed from any computer. You can also share your “wads”.
- Kevin Kelly — The Technium – There are a number of qualities that can’t be copied. Consider “trust.” Trust cannot be copied. You can’t purchase it. Trust must be earned, over time. It cannot be downloaded.
- Urchin Software from Google – Urchin Software from Google analyzes traffic for one or more websites and provides easy-to-understand reports on your visitors – where they come from, how they use your site, what converts them into customers, and much more. If
- A Whole Lotta Nothing ? Matt Haughey?s Personal Blog – How to record a good podcast between two mac users on the cheap
- FIREFOX GOD: 300+ Tools and Resources For Firefox – As the second biggest browser out there, and the biggest open source one, Firefox has a tool for just about anything you can dream up. In this list, Mashable has collected over 300 of the best.
These are my links for December 29th through December 30th:
- Tweet Scan – Real-time Twitter Search – real time search of twitter for springnet
- One Blog Many Categories or Many Blogs? – Am I better off having one blog site with multiple categories or multiple blog sites highlighting specific interests??
- Resources to Make Money Online | TechnoTarget – Review Me pays to review products and services on your site. You control what you review. Submit your site for inclusion into our ReviewMe publisher network. One example of many ways to make money online. *****
- SocialPicks: social stock picks & research – Good Ideas By People You Trust SocialPicks is a community where stock investors exchange ideas and track performance.
- Web Worker Daily – rebooting the workforce, daily tips on working on the web
- KillerStartups.com? – The Next Big Thing on the Internet is here. You pick it – review 30+ internet startups per working day. Vote for the one you think will be a killer. Vote for http://searchslides.com eh!
- Bootstrapper » The 100 Daily Must-Reads for Entrepreneurs – The 100 Daily Must-Reads for Entrepreneurs Monday, July 23, 2007 at 7:23pm by admin These days, it seems that almost everyone has a blog, so it?s often hard to separate what?s really worth reading from what isn?t. 100 best sites
These are my links for December 27th:
- Invite Share – Everyone is invited! – some kind of crunch network
- Twitter Groups! – Twitter Groups allows you to tag your followers into different groups. Then you can send a message to those groups without needing to send the message to each person one at a time!
- Command Shift 3 – save websites you like
- ITunes: Multiple libraries in iTunes 7 – The recently-released iTunes 7 has added the much wished-for ability to manage multiple music libraries, and the Klavr weblog points out how simple it is
- AV-Comparatives – antivirus program reviews and comparisons, heard about this from chief twit Leo
- Ian’s Shoelace Site – Shoe Lacing Methods – typical cross-section of traditional and alternative lacing methods that I’ve either found or created or that have been sent to me by web site visitors.
- MyShutterspace – Photo Sharing & Photography Forums – MyShutterspace is a social network for digital photography enthusiasts. This is your place to connect with other digital photographers (both amateur and pro), share photos, videos & stories, get critiques on photos, and discuss photography techniques and
- The Big Boys of Social Bookmarking – The Top 24 Sites » 10e20 – Search, Design & Social – the folks over at eBizMBA have put together a list of the top 20 social bookmarking sites. They based their results on data on a combination of Compete.com and Quantcast data
These are my links for December 26th:
- habibbijan.com – series of reviews on free antivirus programs
- Data Recovery Software – File System Utilities – Image creation uses Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Services (VSS), allowing you to create safe “hot images” even from drives currently in use. Images are stored in XML files, allowing you to process them with 3rd party tools. Never again be stuck with a usele
- The Best Bike Route Between Austin and Bastrop – best bike route between Bastrop and Austin
- Loudtalks ? keep talking. Two way radio over p2p – Loudtalks brings voice back to the internet communications. It’s a little application, which allows you to talk to your friends or colleagues instantly with a single touch of a button. Think walkie talkie. It’s faster than text chat and more convenient th
- Facebook is so last year – welcome to the hit websites of 2008 | Technology | The Guardian – Facebook is so last year – welcome to the hit websites of 2008
- Loic Le Meur Blog – Wew, that Seesmic review is a Christmas gift ! Thank you Bobbie Johnson to consider that Seesmic will be a hit website in 2008 even though we are still building it.
These are my links for December 22nd:
- Wireless Networking – Wireless networking news, publications and reviews
- Home > Tweeterboard : Conversation Analytics for Twitter – Tweeterboard is a way of looking at who is influential on Twitter based on their conversations with other Twitter users. There are other services, like Twitterposter, that base influence on how many followers you have. Tweeterboard looks at who talks to u
- Political Base – Election and Candidate Information – Wacky Utterance of the Day: Huckabee and Rice
- ProductWiki, unbiased product reviews and information – ProductWiki is the resource for free, unbiased product reviews and information written and maintained by the community.
- Mozilla Labs » Blog Archive » Introducing Weave – One important area for exploration is the blending of the desktop and the Web through deeper integration of the browser with online services.
- The Crunchies 2007 – Celebrating the best of internet and technology innovation – The 2007 Crunchies is our first annual competition and award ceremony to recognize and celebrate the most compelling startups, internet and technology innovations of the year.
- Fimoculous.com – misc – Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren’t Reading – Last year I decided to put on twist on my annual “best blogs” post [2002, 2003, 2004] by taking a turn toward the obscure. it makes little sense to write a post arguing that Huffington Post is better or worse than DailyKos — or Cute Overload.
- Google Talk Gadget – chat on google talk … we’re live at http://justin.tv/austintexas from Hope BC Canada today
- Gmail Notifier – The Gmail Notifier is an application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages.
These are my links for November 20th through November 21st:
- List of Web 2.0 Lists – Anyway here is (in no particular order) a list of the web 2.0 lists and other helpful product data that I’ve found on the Web.
- Learn Touch typing online for free – 10-fast-fingers.com – touch typing
- Portable laptop desks, laptop stands and laptop tables to use on trips, in meetings, in airports and cars. Sitting or standing height . Largest desk, packs small, strong – stabile and liteweight. – Model 1500 Specifications: Non-Folding. Fits inside cases or carry in your free Tote Bag. 15 inches wide x 13 inches deep. Weight: 1.75 lbs. Materials: Choice of durable black plastic or solid wood tops (cherry finish). Adjustable leg and clamp are anodiz
- Top 100 Tools for Learning – TOP 100 TOOLS FOR LEARNING 2007 By Popularity
- Top 10 Template Generators for Blogs and Websites – Mashable is hosted by (mt) Media Temple « Previous PostNext Post » Top 10 Template Generators for Blogs and Websites November 18, 2007 ? 08:52 PM PST ? by Palin Ningthoujam ? Share This If you are not satisfied with ready-made blog and we
- :: Mikey Sklar :: Electric Clothing :: – Old Mobile Goes Green by vloggers Jay and Ryan of ryanishungry. Wendy and myself discussing how we converted a 40 year old trailer to our home.