Posts tagged blogger
TechCrunch rocked the high style Pangea Lounge in Austin’s trendy 4th Street District on Sept 25, 2008 with a roomful of startups, entrepreneurs and VCs. Kimberlie Dykeman did about 20 interviews, and these are a few of the first to be released. More will be released later.
Interviewees included Troy from PeoplePad.com, Brad from DadLabs.com, Dewey from Mingll.com, Mark Spilotro with iknoware.com, Erick Schonfeld and Heather Harde with TechCrunch.com, Randy Cohen with ticketcity.com, Joshua Baer with otherinbox.com, Jay Hallberg with SpiceWorks.com, Samantha Nebrick with YellowPages.com, Dee Dee Dial with BazaarVoice.com and more.
The video is also appearing at these video sites: MySpace, Metacafe, Blip.tv, Stupid Videos and Sclipo. On itunes, subscribe to austinblogger to get the video on your Apple TV, ipod, or Itunes player.
Here’s the DadLabs video from the TechCrunch party:
And here’s our video which is on austinblogger on itunes:
I have to admit to being a comment poor blog.Â And I’m remiss in not putting akismet and disqus on here sooner.Â Tonight akisment gave 32,000 plus spam comments a beating.Â They’re gone.Â Room now for your comments and disqus should make things a lot more interesting.
I got turned on to the disqus comment system by Shey Smith on his most excellent blog, http://sheysmith.com and got really motivated to install it when I heard Leo Laporte and Amber Macarthur rolling in the aisles over this on their net@nite podcast broadcast live today.Â It helped push me more that Dave Winer, grandaddy of rss and blogs, is using this as well.
Disqus brings video comments, along with a community of commenters, better comment formatting, and much more.Â And the wordpress plugin install was as easy as could be.
I stumbled across this blog on my friendfeed account a few days ago and it’s been a daily read ever since.
Today he’s talking about tomorrow’s twit out and friendfeed and social networking.Â He’s doing an amazing job on this blog and it’s become a daily read.
And he turned me on to disqus!
Disqus was the topic on today’s net@nite with Amber and Leo and at first glance it’s something you don’t need, as Leo observed.Â But, on closer examination, it’s a great comment system for blogs that integrates video and ties comments in to social networks. Â Â Â And best of all, it connects you to a community of blog commentors like Shey Smith.
These are my links for February 11th through February 12th:
- Network Camera Model IK-WB15A – Toshiba – The Toshiba IK-WB15A IP Network Camera captures live, high-resolution video that is viewable anywhere in the world through a standard web browser. It is the perfect tool for surveillance, business, entertainment, web site broadcasting and more.
- Gmail Manager :: Firefox Add-ons – Allows you to manage multiple Gmail accounts and receive new mail notifications. Displays your account details including unread messages, saved drafts, spam messages, labels with new mail, space used, and new mail… Allows you to manage multiple Gmail ac
- How to Change the World – Guy Kawasaki’s blog.. great stuff
- How to Protect Your WordPress Site » Small Business Trends | small business experts – Here, from the voice of experience, is some advice for protecting your WordPress blog from hacking, or recovering quickly in case it happens to you:
- Team WhiteBoarding with Twiddla – Painless Team Collaboration for the Web – a web 2.0 version of gotomeeting
These are my links for February 1st:
- Marshall Kirkpatrick – The highlights of the post are the link to this Wired article about the economy of screen scraping (great article) and this screencast about how to use Dapper that I finally recorded.
- agentgenius.com- national real estate opinion column » G-Spot – collaborative real estate blog
- wordTube at alex.rabe – playlist demo of several media files. wordTube supports streaming video format (Format .flv or .swf), sound files as MP3 and JPG, GIF or PNG grafic files. With wordTube you insert it into your blog with the tag [MEDIA=ID] or as playlist [MYPLAYLIST=ID].
- Contact Form 7 1.7.3 « iDeasilo – I released Contact Form 7 1.7.3 last week. I added two options for dropdown menu, checkboxes and radio buttons. default: option allows you to set initially selected or checked items. label-first option is for checkboxes and radio buttons; this makes check
- Building a Container House – We’re starting a container sales company and container home builder in Austin Texas so we’re looking for inspirational websites like this one by Bob Vila. http://cargotown.com http://cargosolar.com are our sites but they need content!
These are my links for January 31st:
- dooce ® – our panel will be held Sunday, March 9th, if you are in Austin and can spare the mortgage payment it costs to get into the festival. Maggie will be the one speaking coherently, I will be the one trying to distract her by snapping the elastic on her bra.
- Eighth Annual Weblog Awards: The 2008 Bloggies – Honor. Prestige. Wealth. These are some of the things that a Bloggie won’t bring you. But that won’t stop the Web from voting, because this is the annual non-profit competition that determines which blogs are the best of the best.
- Musicovery : interactive webRadio – visually awesome music interface … fascinating
- COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY – Noory and Bell talk show site for Coast to Coast
- Coast to Coast AM Members – Art Bell and George Noory’s subscription Coast to Coast AM “streamlink”… cool name… wonder how they’re doing
- Slashfood – Nectar With-a-Sting Honey Mustard featured in my V Cuisine cookbook. Of course, I’ve made other dressings before – the classic vinaigrette, several tofu-based creamy monstrosities – but they don’t even come close to the awesome power that is this dressing
These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents – daily report, designing with web standards
- Merlin Mann – Merline Mann’s blog SF CA of 43 Folders and MacBreak Weekly nailing down speaking gigs including sxsw 08 creator of 5ives
- Lijit | Home – I saw this on Veronica Belmont’s blog… it’s a custom search for your blog using google, del.icio.us, etc.
- imacros’ bookmarks tagged with “imacro” on del.icio.us – del.icio.us bookmarks which illustrate macros
- http://forum.iopus.com/_uploads/demos/firststeps/FirstSteps1.htm – macros for firefox browser
- Urban Dictionary: Define Your World – wild expressions for the modern age… you can have fun with this one for hours
- SecTheory – Internet Security – Have you ever just wanted to sit in a small room with a few likeminded professionals and get some tough questions answered? Ever wanted the right ammunition to tackle the tough web application security issues on your plate? Welcome to The Austin Project.
- Geek News Central Technical News and Informational Stories – I found some links today through a round about way that indicates that some podcasters may and I repeat ?may? have found a way to game the Podcast Subscription Metric System Apple has.
- Roxer – The easiest way to make a web page – Now anyone can create stunning websites online in just minutes.
These are my links for December 31st through January 1st:
- Cutline – Links Menu – great wordpress theme, I’m using this on http://bountyhuntersecrets.com and other blogs
- karmalised – antiwar blog, nice use of the cutline theme
- Bounty Hunter Secrets ? Secrets of a Bounty Hunter – Secrets of a bounty hunter – blog for a film, a dvd and a book to be issued soon
- Viddler.com – Upload, Enhance, Share – You can upload many videos at once, and in various formats, too (.mov .avi .wmv .mpeg). You also won’t have to worry about file size ? just keep any video you upload under 500 Mb.
- AddThis – Social Bookmarking Widget Del.icio.us Digg Button – promotes your content everywhere through bookmarking and sharing
- WordPress ? WordPress Plugins – most popular wordpress plugins
These are my links for November 22nd through November 25th:
- Niall Corbet’s slideshow on Flickr – A wonderful slide show of images from Niall Corbet, Thailand
- Spiritual Activism – These key values are guiding forces on the path of spiritual activism. They have been used to result in tremendous power and change for the world.
- http://chrisbrogan.com/rockstars/ – Here?s a list of blogs, podcasts, and videoblogs of people. People who come here, or who I love, or who make the story better when you get into it all. If you?re part of [chrisbrogan.com], then you should be on this page. Email me : blog [at] chrisbro
- HDtv film Thailand » Archive » Theo Van Gogh and the Golden Age of Hollywood – The author, former Playboy bunny and activist Susan Dusty ALDOUS joins us. Dusty delivers a birthday cake to celebrate, as my mum would say, Virginias 19th birthday.
- Videoguys – Focus FS-4 on sale $699.95 – Weighing about one pound and only 1.5 inches thick, the FS-4 Portable DTE Recorder brings Direct To Edit® Technology to your DV or HDV handheld camcorder is what Cali Lewis uses.
- J. LeRoy’s Evolving Web – I’m Living In My Tabset I noticed today that Windows XP pretty much confirms that I no longer use desktop applications like I used to. This is http://twitter.com/ourfounder
- iSmi –
- Austin – Mahalo – This search result is for information on Austin, Texas. We also have results for Austin Restaurants, Austin Vacation, Austin Tours, and Austin Hotels.
- HDtv film Thailand » Archive » Surfer rock legend is now Thai expat with new memoir – once upon a time, in the California Inland Empire outside of Los Angeles, garage rock ruled. A young surfer dude dreamed of escape from the provincial ticky tacky of Riverside. Little did Rick Brown know his fate was to be the lead singer of one of the gr
- PickyPirate – A Metacritic-Bittorrent mashup – This is a mashup between Metacritic and leading bittorrent search engines Mininova and The Pirate Bay. It displays the most highly rated items from the last month, and does its best to match it automatically with the healthiest public torrent available.