Posts tagged cool
These are my links for February 10th:
- JinaBolton.com – Jina’s website has a very sexy css stylesheet
- oaktreeidea.com – a community of hope, innovation and purpose – Oaktreeidea is not your average social networking website. Oaktreeidea is just that, an idea, an innovation. Where community members can be inspired and accomplish big things. Things with purpose.
- Explore and learn in the MindBites how-to video marketplace – how to videos
- Songza – The music search engine & internet jukebox. Listen. Now. – One of the finalists in the 2008 SXSW web awards… to say this is an internet jukebox is apt… pick a song, any song or album, and it just plays. It just plays. Simple. Easy. Revolutionary. Best website I’ve been on in weeks. I’m hooked! Awesome!
- Linux-Unix cheat sheets – The ultimate collection >> Scott Klarr – huge collection of linux cheatsheets
- A N I M O T O: the end of slideshows – analyzes your images and makes a slideshow video
- Ecolect – A Sustainable Materials Community – ecolect the community for sustainable living artilce on prefabrication and modularity
- TED: Ideas worth spreading – world’s greatest thinkers and names
- Only Human – Technology Stories – good collection of stories from techies
- Behance :: Overall Concept – The Behance team studies exceptionally productive people and teams working in the creative fields. We document the methods and resources that productive creative professionals use to push their ideas forward. By invitation only.
- GOOD Magazine | Goodmagazine – God, Without the Fuss – His mother, Dodie Osteen, claims never to have seen him mad. The same goes for his brother Paul, though his senior adviser and chief of communications Donald Iloff Jr. (also Osteen’s brother in law), claims he’s seen him irritated a couple of times.
- Wired News – the monumental, great wired “yahoo rejects microsoft”
- Investing Wiki with Research about Companies, Investment Concepts, and more… – investing simplified… a must site for investors
- Techthrob.com | Technology | Virtualization in Linux: A Review of Four Software Choices – parallels now works on linux!
These are my links for January 31st:
- dooce ® – our panel will be held Sunday, March 9th, if you are in Austin and can spare the mortgage payment it costs to get into the festival. Maggie will be the one speaking coherently, I will be the one trying to distract her by snapping the elastic on her bra.
- Eighth Annual Weblog Awards: The 2008 Bloggies – Honor. Prestige. Wealth. These are some of the things that a Bloggie won’t bring you. But that won’t stop the Web from voting, because this is the annual non-profit competition that determines which blogs are the best of the best.
- Musicovery : interactive webRadio – visually awesome music interface … fascinating
- COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY – Noory and Bell talk show site for Coast to Coast
- Coast to Coast AM Members – Art Bell and George Noory’s subscription Coast to Coast AM “streamlink”… cool name… wonder how they’re doing
- Slashfood – Nectar With-a-Sting Honey Mustard featured in my V Cuisine cookbook. Of course, I’ve made other dressings before – the classic vinaigrette, several tofu-based creamy monstrosities – but they don’t even come close to the awesome power that is this dressing
These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents – daily report, designing with web standards
- Merlin Mann – Merline Mann’s blog SF CA of 43 Folders and MacBreak Weekly nailing down speaking gigs including sxsw 08 creator of 5ives
- Lijit | Home – I saw this on Veronica Belmont’s blog… it’s a custom search for your blog using google, del.icio.us, etc.
- imacros’ bookmarks tagged with “imacro” on del.icio.us – del.icio.us bookmarks which illustrate macros
- http://forum.iopus.com/_uploads/demos/firststeps/FirstSteps1.htm – macros for firefox browser
- Urban Dictionary: Define Your World – wild expressions for the modern age… you can have fun with this one for hours
- SecTheory – Internet Security – Have you ever just wanted to sit in a small room with a few likeminded professionals and get some tough questions answered? Ever wanted the right ammunition to tackle the tough web application security issues on your plate? Welcome to The Austin Project.
- Geek News Central Technical News and Informational Stories – I found some links today through a round about way that indicates that some podcasters may and I repeat ?may? have found a way to game the Podcast Subscription Metric System Apple has.
- Roxer – The easiest way to make a web page – Now anyone can create stunning websites online in just minutes.
These are my links for January 26th:
- Put Together Quickly » Optimizing performance for WordPress – make wordpress work better
- 50 Best WordPress Plugins for Power Blogging –
- John Mccaint – Look out Chuck Norris, Sylvester?s comin? after you. He?s comin? after you and he?s going to get you. You better run! Chuck, you can run but you can?t hide!? – John McCain
- Emma Alvarez Site: Top Best 50 Blogger & WordPress Customizations Tips ( Hacks ) – Dynamic Slideshow In Header, A demo can be seen here. This makes a slideshow for the header, making your blog interesting and dynamic.
- G4 TV – cool video podcasts, real stiff competition for podshow
- EVDO info, EV-DO Coverage, Tips, News, Reviews, Verizon, Sprint : EVDOinfo.com – everything evdo
- jkOnTheRun – good blog about new mobile devices
- Apple – iTunes – iTunes Store – Podcasts – Technical Specification – Submitting Your Podcast to the iTunes Store.
- Carnaval Austin 2007 on Vimeo – Austin’s hottest party is Carnaval … see http://sambaparty.com
These are my links for January 15th through January 18th:
- Wired LivingHomes – About the Home – The 4,057 square foot WIRED LivingHome is designed to attain at least a Gold rating from the USGBC LEED® for Homes Program. Consistent with its focus on sustainable design
- I, Cringely . The Pulpit . Google-Mart | PBS – in a secret area off-limits even to regular GoogleFolk, is a shipping container. But it isn’t just any shipping container. This shipping container is a prototype data center. Google hired a pair of very bright industrial designers to figure out how to cra
- AskMen.com – Top 10 hottest women in tech – While there are certainly a number of drop-dead gorgeous ladies within the world of tech media to choose from, we?ve narrowed the list down to 10.
- Mac Rumors: Apple Mac Rumors and News You Care About – As rumored, Apple announced a new line of portable computers during Steve Jobs’ keynote speech at MacWorld San Fransisco today, the MacBook Air. The new line is a complement to the existing MacBook and MacBook Pro lines.
- Traces of Inspiration » Blog Archive » SXSWi: ValleySpeak for the Rest of Us: Developing Apps Outside InternetVille – SXSWi: ValleySpeak for the Rest of Us: Developing Apps Outside InternetVille
These are my links for December 27th:
- Invite Share – Everyone is invited! – some kind of crunch network
- Twitter Groups! – Twitter Groups allows you to tag your followers into different groups. Then you can send a message to those groups without needing to send the message to each person one at a time!
- Command Shift 3 – save websites you like
- ITunes: Multiple libraries in iTunes 7 – The recently-released iTunes 7 has added the much wished-for ability to manage multiple music libraries, and the Klavr weblog points out how simple it is
- AV-Comparatives – antivirus program reviews and comparisons, heard about this from chief twit Leo
- Ian’s Shoelace Site – Shoe Lacing Methods – typical cross-section of traditional and alternative lacing methods that I’ve either found or created or that have been sent to me by web site visitors.
- MyShutterspace – Photo Sharing & Photography Forums – MyShutterspace is a social network for digital photography enthusiasts. This is your place to connect with other digital photographers (both amateur and pro), share photos, videos & stories, get critiques on photos, and discuss photography techniques and
- The Big Boys of Social Bookmarking – The Top 24 Sites » 10e20 – Search, Design & Social – the folks over at eBizMBA have put together a list of the top 20 social bookmarking sites. They based their results on data on a combination of Compete.com and Quantcast data
These are my links for December 26th:
- habibbijan.com – series of reviews on free antivirus programs
- Data Recovery Software – File System Utilities – Image creation uses Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Services (VSS), allowing you to create safe “hot images” even from drives currently in use. Images are stored in XML files, allowing you to process them with 3rd party tools. Never again be stuck with a usele
- The Best Bike Route Between Austin and Bastrop – best bike route between Bastrop and Austin
- Loudtalks ? keep talking. Two way radio over p2p – Loudtalks brings voice back to the internet communications. It’s a little application, which allows you to talk to your friends or colleagues instantly with a single touch of a button. Think walkie talkie. It’s faster than text chat and more convenient th
- Facebook is so last year – welcome to the hit websites of 2008 | Technology | The Guardian – Facebook is so last year – welcome to the hit websites of 2008
- Loic Le Meur Blog – Wew, that Seesmic review is a Christmas gift ! Thank you Bobbie Johnson to consider that Seesmic will be a hit website in 2008 even though we are still building it.
These are my links for December 22nd:
- Wireless Networking – Wireless networking news, publications and reviews
- Home > Tweeterboard : Conversation Analytics for Twitter – Tweeterboard is a way of looking at who is influential on Twitter based on their conversations with other Twitter users. There are other services, like Twitterposter, that base influence on how many followers you have. Tweeterboard looks at who talks to u
- Political Base – Election and Candidate Information – Wacky Utterance of the Day: Huckabee and Rice
- ProductWiki, unbiased product reviews and information – ProductWiki is the resource for free, unbiased product reviews and information written and maintained by the community.
- Mozilla Labs » Blog Archive » Introducing Weave – One important area for exploration is the blending of the desktop and the Web through deeper integration of the browser with online services.
- The Crunchies 2007 – Celebrating the best of internet and technology innovation – The 2007 Crunchies is our first annual competition and award ceremony to recognize and celebrate the most compelling startups, internet and technology innovations of the year.
- Fimoculous.com – misc – Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren’t Reading – Last year I decided to put on twist on my annual “best blogs” post [2002, 2003, 2004] by taking a turn toward the obscure. it makes little sense to write a post arguing that Huffington Post is better or worse than DailyKos — or Cute Overload.
- Google Talk Gadget – chat on google talk … we’re live at http://justin.tv/austintexas from Hope BC Canada today
- Gmail Notifier – The Gmail Notifier is an application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages.
These are my links for December 11th through December 17th:
- Portfolio :: Pragya Web Solutions – free themes for blogs… this is the theme that john dvorak uses on http://dvorak.com/blog/
- Crumpler Products Page – Don?t kick me while I?m pale. I?ve dry fetched so much since I went on the Jack and Jill rhythm method . . . Up went Jill, down went Jack, dear Liza, dear Liza, there?s a hole and someone?s taking a leak from my nursery rhyme book!
- Blaze New Media: Blog » Five WordPress “CMS Enabling” Plugins – This is where Filosofo’s “Home-Page Control” plugin comes in handy. This plugin lets you specify any WordPress page to use as your home page
- WordPress Plugins & Tutorials: Your Pick | Developer’s Toolbox | Smashing Magazine – Include AdSense and YPN ads automatically. AdSense-Deluxe offers advanced options for managing the automatic insertion of Google AdSense or Yahoo Publisher Network (YPN) ads to your WordPress posts. (TheBlogJoint.com)
- Darren Hoyt Dot Com » WordPress Magazine Theme Released – Mimbo is a magazine-style WordPress theme which makes extensive use of WP?s template tag system to create a non-traditional layout. It contains no images and only minimal CSS styling. Mainly it exists as a clean, grid-based starter layout for designers