Posts tagged del.icio.us
Were you at SXSW and want to keep the experience going and stay in touch with others you met there? Here’s how! I put out a tweet to request that anyone in our “network” who has a del.icio.us account and is willing to share their del.icio.us “name,” to please send it my way and I will compile the list. This way, we can add each other to our del.icio.us networks. One of the drawbacks of all these social networking sites, is the separate interfaces, usernames and such. We are all hoping for the ultimate Mashup of social networking one day.
I’m very excited to get this ball rolling and even more excited to explore all the great bookmarks that our friends who are hot on sxsw are sharing. If you would like to be included, just post a comment here with your del.icio.us “name” and I will add you to our network or send a direct message to http://twitter.com/sxswtwit . Then, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to del.icio.us (sign up for an account if you don’t have one already)
- Click on Your Network (top left)
- On the right-hand side, in the text box, type in sxswtwit
- Click ADD
- Now sxswtwit will appear in your network beneath in blue
- Click on sxswtwit
- You are now in sxswtwit’s bookmarks, but there are none… BUT WAIT
- In the gray box at the top, it reads:
All sxswtwit’s items (0)
sxswtwit is in your network, view sxswtwit’s network
- Click on VIEW sxswtwit’s network
That’s where the magic happens. There you see all the bookmarks shared by everyone in the network, which can be a little messy OR you can look over at the right. There you can click on each member’s name and look at his/her individual bookmarks. You can even add each member to your own del.icio.us network. As more members join this sxswtwit del.icio.us network, you’ll see them added.
Right now, the only member is http://del.icio.us/springnet (me) but that will hopefully change soon. Join now!
Add your name to the comments below and you’ll be good to go or just send a direct message to http://twitter.com/sxswtwit
These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents – daily report, designing with web standards
- Merlin Mann – Merline Mann’s blog SF CA of 43 Folders and MacBreak Weekly nailing down speaking gigs including sxsw 08 creator of 5ives
- Lijit | Home – I saw this on Veronica Belmont’s blog… it’s a custom search for your blog using google, del.icio.us, etc.
- imacros’ bookmarks tagged with “imacro” on del.icio.us – del.icio.us bookmarks which illustrate macros
- http://forum.iopus.com/_uploads/demos/firststeps/FirstSteps1.htm – macros for firefox browser
- Urban Dictionary: Define Your World – wild expressions for the modern age… you can have fun with this one for hours
- SecTheory – Internet Security – Have you ever just wanted to sit in a small room with a few likeminded professionals and get some tough questions answered? Ever wanted the right ammunition to tackle the tough web application security issues on your plate? Welcome to The Austin Project.
- Geek News Central Technical News and Informational Stories – I found some links today through a round about way that indicates that some podcasters may and I repeat ?may? have found a way to game the Podcast Subscription Metric System Apple has.
- Roxer – The easiest way to make a web page – Now anyone can create stunning websites online in just minutes.
These are my links for January 27th:
- springnet’s podcast – within 5 minutes I had a show on itunes! it was so easy it was amazing. http://www.gcast.com/u/springnet/main is the url. highly recommended
- Social Networks in Education » home – listing of social networks used in educational environments. Please add to this list (alphabetical by category and within categories).
- Infinite Thinking Machine – a single-purpose wiki for educators to link to and describe their social networking sites. I’m including a snapshot of the list as it is today, but it keeps growing and as it does so provides an interesting insight into the variety of ways that social net
- WebMynd – Home – Never bookmark or save a page again. We remember everything for you.
- Netdisaster.com – spring.net – ooops, spilled coffee on my spring.net site…. guess it’s time for a redesign
- Flickr: The Japan HDR Pool – amazing images
These are my links for January 20th through January 21st:
- Will We See Delicious 2.0 This Week? – It?s been four and a half months since Yahoo first previewed Delicious 2.0. We?ve heard not a peep from them since as to when it might launch publicly and replace the existing, somewhat dated interface.
- DVM5051_SPECS.pdf (application/pdf Object) – awesome webcam that has night vision and a 60′ cable. Rocks!
- ImageShack – Hosting :: austintexassj6.jpg – logo austin texas for jtv austintexas site
- Add Gnome etc to a Server install? – Ubuntu Forums – how to add the desktop gnome to a server install
- Perfect 7.1 ubuntu gutsy gibbon install – One of the best guides for install gutsy gibbon ubuntu 7.1 excellent!
- The Zeitgeist » About – David HM Spector is an innovator, developer, writer, consultant and entrepreneur specializing in high-performance computing, social network applications and interface agents. His consulting company is Zeitgeist Information Systems, canonically known as
- redhat.com | Products & Services – Virtualization provides an escape from this very problem. The existing stack can continue to run as is as a guest inside a virtual machine, while the latest hypervisor happily supports the new hardware, as well as bringing benefits in reliability and perf
- Skype on iPhone – there is a workaround that will enable you to use Skype on the Apple iPhone.
- Common File Extensions – Common file extensions that are good to know, organized by file format.
These are my links for December 31st through January 1st:
- Cutline – Links Menu – great wordpress theme, I’m using this on http://bountyhuntersecrets.com and other blogs
- karmalised – antiwar blog, nice use of the cutline theme
- Bounty Hunter Secrets ? Secrets of a Bounty Hunter – Secrets of a bounty hunter – blog for a film, a dvd and a book to be issued soon
- Viddler.com – Upload, Enhance, Share – You can upload many videos at once, and in various formats, too (.mov .avi .wmv .mpeg). You also won’t have to worry about file size ? just keep any video you upload under 500 Mb.
- AddThis – Social Bookmarking Widget Del.icio.us Digg Button – promotes your content everywhere through bookmarking and sharing
- WordPress ? WordPress Plugins – most popular wordpress plugins
These are my links for December 1st through December 8th:
- Ultimate Boot CD – Overview – Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn’t you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
- Mod My Life Has Control Issues « NewTeeVee – Is Subservient Chicken a business model? That?s what the team behind startup Mod My Life will find out as they attempt to take lifecasting to the next level by letting the audience be in control of the lifecaster.
- Submit Multiple URLs to del.icio.us Bookmarks as a Batch at Digital Inspiration – Imagine you have hundreds (or even thousands) of webpage URLs that you want to upload to your del.icio.us account. How would do this bulk submit when the delicious system allows you to bookmark web pages one at a time ?
- door64.com | Austin High-Tech Online – door64 is all about building an online community of high-tech professionals in Austin, Texas. We’re just starting out, but growing each day.
- SEOmoz’s Web 2.0 Awards – Our team reviewed hundreds of sites in the Web 2.0 sphere to uncover the best in each of 41 categories. From there, we assembled a team of 25 of the most knowledgeable, well-respected experts in the field to vote on the winners.