Posts tagged sxsw
The hottest women in tech perform as a rock band at SXSW 2008.
Players are Veronica Belmont of Tekzilla, Bonny Pierzina, Leah Culver of Pownce, and Casey Mckinnon of Galacticast.
Were you at SXSW and want to keep the experience going and stay in touch with others you met there? Here’s how! I put out a tweet to request that anyone in our “network” who has a del.icio.us account and is willing to share their del.icio.us “name,” to please send it my way and I will compile the list. This way, we can add each other to our del.icio.us networks. One of the drawbacks of all these social networking sites, is the separate interfaces, usernames and such. We are all hoping for the ultimate Mashup of social networking one day.
I’m very excited to get this ball rolling and even more excited to explore all the great bookmarks that our friends who are hot on sxsw are sharing. If you would like to be included, just post a comment here with your del.icio.us “name” and I will add you to our network or send a direct message to http://twitter.com/sxswtwit . Then, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to del.icio.us (sign up for an account if you don’t have one already)
- Click on Your Network (top left)
- On the right-hand side, in the text box, type in sxswtwit
- Click ADD
- Now sxswtwit will appear in your network beneath in blue
- Click on sxswtwit
- You are now in sxswtwit’s bookmarks, but there are none… BUT WAIT
- In the gray box at the top, it reads:
All sxswtwit’s items (0)
sxswtwit is in your network, view sxswtwit’s network
- Click on VIEW sxswtwit’s network
That’s where the magic happens. There you see all the bookmarks shared by everyone in the network, which can be a little messy OR you can look over at the right. There you can click on each member’s name and look at his/her individual bookmarks. You can even add each member to your own del.icio.us network. As more members join this sxswtwit del.icio.us network, you’ll see them added.
Right now, the only member is http://del.icio.us/springnet (me) but that will hopefully change soon. Join now!
Add your name to the comments below and you’ll be good to go or just send a direct message to http://twitter.com/sxswtwit
One of the brightest stars in tech podcasting, Zadi Diaz plays drums in a rock band competition at SXSW at the Cedar Street Courtyard on 4th Street in Austin, Texas.She was on the panel at SXSW called “Quit your day job and vblog” Watch Zadi Diaz play drums at Cedar Street Courtyard in Austin here. Speakers on Zadi’s SXSW panel: Lindsay Campbell (wallstrip.com and http://moblogic.tv), Zadi Diaz (epicfu.com), Lisa Donovan (youtube.com/lisanova), Bre Pettis (imakethings.com), Tim Shey (nextnewnetworks.com)
pingbacks austincast.com/blog bastropbuilder.com/blog compuslides.com/blog gameslides.com/blog magickpapers.com/blog shopslides.com/blog touroftexas.com/blog spring.net/blog socobuzz.com/blog web2.0slides.com/blog webgirlvillage.com/blog wholetech.com/blog wmeyers.com/blog
These are my links for February 13th through February 14th:
- Pure Mac: Audio – Software for Macintosh – whole bunch of audio recording and editing apps for the mac
- Kevin Kelly — The Technium – The internet is a copy machine. At its most foundational level, it copies every action, every character, every thought we make while we ride upon it.
- 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better | OEDb – If you think that iPods are used just for listening to music, you obviously haven’t been keeping up with the latest technology.
- 4 YouTube Tools you Probably Don?t Know About | MakeUseOf.com – best applications for dealing with Youtube
- 20+ Great Resources For Video Tutorials – Video tutorials seem to have taken over the world thanks to the ease with which they can be posted nowadays. We?ve gathered over 20 sites to help you get started with this exciting recent development in the world of the Internet.
- iDesktop.tv – iDesktop.tv is an incredibly cool dynamic web 2.0 application, with a terrific modern design, that brings you a better way to search and watch YouTube videos. Not only but you can download YouTube videos!
- Cradlepoint PHS300 Battery-Powered EVDO Router [PHS300-B] – $179.99 : 3Gstore.com, Verizon & Sprint EVDO Modems, Antennas, Amplifiers, Routers – Cradlepoint PHS300 Battery-Powered EVDO Router
- SXSW Baby! – unofficial sxsw blog
These are my links for February 10th:
- JinaBolton.com – Jina’s website has a very sexy css stylesheet
- oaktreeidea.com – a community of hope, innovation and purpose – Oaktreeidea is not your average social networking website. Oaktreeidea is just that, an idea, an innovation. Where community members can be inspired and accomplish big things. Things with purpose.
- Explore and learn in the MindBites how-to video marketplace – how to videos
- Songza – The music search engine & internet jukebox. Listen. Now. – One of the finalists in the 2008 SXSW web awards… to say this is an internet jukebox is apt… pick a song, any song or album, and it just plays. It just plays. Simple. Easy. Revolutionary. Best website I’ve been on in weeks. I’m hooked! Awesome!
- Linux-Unix cheat sheets – The ultimate collection >> Scott Klarr – huge collection of linux cheatsheets
- A N I M O T O: the end of slideshows – analyzes your images and makes a slideshow video
- Ecolect – A Sustainable Materials Community – ecolect the community for sustainable living artilce on prefabrication and modularity
- TED: Ideas worth spreading – world’s greatest thinkers and names
- Only Human – Technology Stories – good collection of stories from techies
- Behance :: Overall Concept – The Behance team studies exceptionally productive people and teams working in the creative fields. We document the methods and resources that productive creative professionals use to push their ideas forward. By invitation only.
- GOOD Magazine | Goodmagazine – God, Without the Fuss – His mother, Dodie Osteen, claims never to have seen him mad. The same goes for his brother Paul, though his senior adviser and chief of communications Donald Iloff Jr. (also Osteen’s brother in law), claims he’s seen him irritated a couple of times.
- Wired News – the monumental, great wired “yahoo rejects microsoft”
- Investing Wiki with Research about Companies, Investment Concepts, and more… – investing simplified… a must site for investors
- Techthrob.com | Technology | Virtualization in Linux: A Review of Four Software Choices – parallels now works on linux!
These are my links for January 31st:
- dooce ® – our panel will be held Sunday, March 9th, if you are in Austin and can spare the mortgage payment it costs to get into the festival. Maggie will be the one speaking coherently, I will be the one trying to distract her by snapping the elastic on her bra.
- Eighth Annual Weblog Awards: The 2008 Bloggies – Honor. Prestige. Wealth. These are some of the things that a Bloggie won’t bring you. But that won’t stop the Web from voting, because this is the annual non-profit competition that determines which blogs are the best of the best.
- Musicovery : interactive webRadio – visually awesome music interface … fascinating
- COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY – Noory and Bell talk show site for Coast to Coast
- Coast to Coast AM Members – Art Bell and George Noory’s subscription Coast to Coast AM “streamlink”… cool name… wonder how they’re doing
- Slashfood – Nectar With-a-Sting Honey Mustard featured in my V Cuisine cookbook. Of course, I’ve made other dressings before – the classic vinaigrette, several tofu-based creamy monstrosities – but they don’t even come close to the awesome power that is this dressing
These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents – daily report, designing with web standards
- Merlin Mann – Merline Mann’s blog SF CA of 43 Folders and MacBreak Weekly nailing down speaking gigs including sxsw 08 creator of 5ives
- Lijit | Home – I saw this on Veronica Belmont’s blog… it’s a custom search for your blog using google, del.icio.us, etc.
- imacros’ bookmarks tagged with “imacro” on del.icio.us – del.icio.us bookmarks which illustrate macros
- http://forum.iopus.com/_uploads/demos/firststeps/FirstSteps1.htm – macros for firefox browser
- Urban Dictionary: Define Your World – wild expressions for the modern age… you can have fun with this one for hours
- SecTheory – Internet Security – Have you ever just wanted to sit in a small room with a few likeminded professionals and get some tough questions answered? Ever wanted the right ammunition to tackle the tough web application security issues on your plate? Welcome to The Austin Project.
- Geek News Central Technical News and Informational Stories – I found some links today through a round about way that indicates that some podcasters may and I repeat ?may? have found a way to game the Podcast Subscription Metric System Apple has.
- Roxer – The easiest way to make a web page – Now anyone can create stunning websites online in just minutes.
These are my links for January 15th through January 18th:
- Wired LivingHomes – About the Home – The 4,057 square foot WIRED LivingHome is designed to attain at least a Gold rating from the USGBC LEED® for Homes Program. Consistent with its focus on sustainable design
- I, Cringely . The Pulpit . Google-Mart | PBS – in a secret area off-limits even to regular GoogleFolk, is a shipping container. But it isn’t just any shipping container. This shipping container is a prototype data center. Google hired a pair of very bright industrial designers to figure out how to cra
- AskMen.com – Top 10 hottest women in tech – While there are certainly a number of drop-dead gorgeous ladies within the world of tech media to choose from, we?ve narrowed the list down to 10.
- Mac Rumors: Apple Mac Rumors and News You Care About – As rumored, Apple announced a new line of portable computers during Steve Jobs’ keynote speech at MacWorld San Fransisco today, the MacBook Air. The new line is a complement to the existing MacBook and MacBook Pro lines.
- Traces of Inspiration » Blog Archive » SXSWi: ValleySpeak for the Rest of Us: Developing Apps Outside InternetVille – SXSWi: ValleySpeak for the Rest of Us: Developing Apps Outside InternetVille
These are my links for December 18th through December 21st:
- InkFinger –
- Jack’s Pick and Most Recent Deals at BargainJack.Com –
- sxsw podcast –
- Secrets of Self Taught Web Developers – DegreeTutor.com – Secrets of Self Taught Web Developers: 115 Resources to Help You Develop on the Web
- Poletti’s slideshow on Flickr – galactically hot women of Star Trek
- Convert files and data online – No need to install anything on your computer. Use the easy upload interface to convert your file. Your original file will not be affected, and you can choose your own file name for the converted file which will instantly download to your computer.
- Web Worker Daily » Archive Web Conferencing Roundup: 9 Tools for Online Meetings « – dobe Acrobat Connect, Central Desktop, Dimdim, Glance, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Live Meeting, ReadyTalk, WebEx MeetMeNow, and Yugma.