Posts tagged tech
Kimberlie Dykeman interviews Mark Spilitro, CEO of iKnowWare.com which helps connect you to your business resources anytime, anywhere. Paul Terry Walhus produced this for AustinLifestyles.com. You can get a secure web based view of your business in your language on your mobile device.
The hottest women in tech perform as a rock band at SXSW 2008.
Players are Veronica Belmont of Tekzilla, Bonny Pierzina, Leah Culver of Pownce, and Casey Mckinnon of Galacticast.
These are my links for February 13th through February 14th:
- Pure Mac: Audio – Software for Macintosh – whole bunch of audio recording and editing apps for the mac
- Kevin Kelly — The Technium – The internet is a copy machine. At its most foundational level, it copies every action, every character, every thought we make while we ride upon it.
- 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better | OEDb – If you think that iPods are used just for listening to music, you obviously haven’t been keeping up with the latest technology.
- 4 YouTube Tools you Probably Don?t Know About | MakeUseOf.com – best applications for dealing with Youtube
- 20+ Great Resources For Video Tutorials – Video tutorials seem to have taken over the world thanks to the ease with which they can be posted nowadays. We?ve gathered over 20 sites to help you get started with this exciting recent development in the world of the Internet.
- iDesktop.tv – iDesktop.tv is an incredibly cool dynamic web 2.0 application, with a terrific modern design, that brings you a better way to search and watch YouTube videos. Not only but you can download YouTube videos!
- Cradlepoint PHS300 Battery-Powered EVDO Router [PHS300-B] – $179.99 : 3Gstore.com, Verizon & Sprint EVDO Modems, Antennas, Amplifiers, Routers – Cradlepoint PHS300 Battery-Powered EVDO Router
- SXSW Baby! – unofficial sxsw blog
These are my links for February 3rd:
- ScobleShow: Videoblog about geeks, technology, and developers – Larry Hryb is one of Microsoft’s most famous bloggers. He works on the Xbox Live team and visited the CES BlogHaus to talk about what he’s seeing.
- SpaceTime? – With SpaceTime’s? 3D Web Search, you choose your search engine from the drop down menu, type in your search term and enjoy the experience as SpaceTime? displays all your search results at once in our patent pending interface. Enjoy the perks that imme
- FastCompany.tv is Coming Soon – NEW YORK, January 16, 2008 – Mansueto Digital President Edward Sussman today announced the launch of FastCompany.TV, a new online video network featuring coverage of bleeding edge technology trends, interviews with leading executives and business people,
- Works 9.0 release near; Microsoft mum on whether Google Docs killer in wings – The latest update to Microsoft Corp.’s Works productivity software is expected to go on sale Wednesday amid renewed speculation that the long-standing, low-end counterpart to Microsoft Office is also being groomed to take on Google Inc. in the online offi
- Screencast-O-Matic – Screencast-O-Matic is the free and easy way to create a video recording of your screen (aka screencast) and upload it for free hosting all from your browser with no install!
- Linux.com :: CLI Magic: Linux troubleshooting tools 101 – When something goes wrong with your Linux-based system, you can try to diagnose it yourself with the many troubleshooting tools bundled with the operating system. Knowing about these tools, and how to effectively use them, can help you overcome many of th
- Facebook | Cisco Systems – This is a group for anyone around the world, who is pursuing a career with Cisco Systems, or any other company that utilizes products, services, and technologies from Cisco Systems.
- Flickr: Tools to upload and share your photos – There are loads of ways for you to upload your photos to Flickr, in addition to the web-based upload form. Try out one of these tools to get your photos online quickly and effectively.
- Linkwad :: Firefox Add-ons – Linkwad lets you save and restore tabbed browsing sessions called wads. Wads can be shared and accessed from any computer. You can also share your “wads”.
- Kevin Kelly — The Technium – There are a number of qualities that can’t be copied. Consider “trust.” Trust cannot be copied. You can’t purchase it. Trust must be earned, over time. It cannot be downloaded.
- Urchin Software from Google – Urchin Software from Google analyzes traffic for one or more websites and provides easy-to-understand reports on your visitors – where they come from, how they use your site, what converts them into customers, and much more. If
- A Whole Lotta Nothing ? Matt Haughey?s Personal Blog – How to record a good podcast between two mac users on the cheap
- FIREFOX GOD: 300+ Tools and Resources For Firefox – As the second biggest browser out there, and the biggest open source one, Firefox has a tool for just about anything you can dream up. In this list, Mashable has collected over 300 of the best.
These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Jeffrey Zeldman Presents – daily report, designing with web standards
- Merlin Mann – Merline Mann’s blog SF CA of 43 Folders and MacBreak Weekly nailing down speaking gigs including sxsw 08 creator of 5ives
- Lijit | Home – I saw this on Veronica Belmont’s blog… it’s a custom search for your blog using google, del.icio.us, etc.
- imacros’ bookmarks tagged with “imacro” on del.icio.us – del.icio.us bookmarks which illustrate macros
- http://forum.iopus.com/_uploads/demos/firststeps/FirstSteps1.htm – macros for firefox browser
- Urban Dictionary: Define Your World – wild expressions for the modern age… you can have fun with this one for hours
- SecTheory – Internet Security – Have you ever just wanted to sit in a small room with a few likeminded professionals and get some tough questions answered? Ever wanted the right ammunition to tackle the tough web application security issues on your plate? Welcome to The Austin Project.
- Geek News Central Technical News and Informational Stories – I found some links today through a round about way that indicates that some podcasters may and I repeat ?may? have found a way to game the Podcast Subscription Metric System Apple has.
- Roxer – The easiest way to make a web page – Now anyone can create stunning websites online in just minutes.
These are my links for January 15th through January 18th:
- Wired LivingHomes – About the Home – The 4,057 square foot WIRED LivingHome is designed to attain at least a Gold rating from the USGBC LEED® for Homes Program. Consistent with its focus on sustainable design
- I, Cringely . The Pulpit . Google-Mart | PBS – in a secret area off-limits even to regular GoogleFolk, is a shipping container. But it isn’t just any shipping container. This shipping container is a prototype data center. Google hired a pair of very bright industrial designers to figure out how to cra
- AskMen.com – Top 10 hottest women in tech – While there are certainly a number of drop-dead gorgeous ladies within the world of tech media to choose from, we?ve narrowed the list down to 10.
- Mac Rumors: Apple Mac Rumors and News You Care About – As rumored, Apple announced a new line of portable computers during Steve Jobs’ keynote speech at MacWorld San Fransisco today, the MacBook Air. The new line is a complement to the existing MacBook and MacBook Pro lines.
- Traces of Inspiration » Blog Archive » SXSWi: ValleySpeak for the Rest of Us: Developing Apps Outside InternetVille – SXSWi: ValleySpeak for the Rest of Us: Developing Apps Outside InternetVille
These are my links for December 1st through December 8th:
- Ultimate Boot CD – Overview – Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn’t you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
- Mod My Life Has Control Issues « NewTeeVee – Is Subservient Chicken a business model? That?s what the team behind startup Mod My Life will find out as they attempt to take lifecasting to the next level by letting the audience be in control of the lifecaster.
- Submit Multiple URLs to del.icio.us Bookmarks as a Batch at Digital Inspiration – Imagine you have hundreds (or even thousands) of webpage URLs that you want to upload to your del.icio.us account. How would do this bulk submit when the delicious system allows you to bookmark web pages one at a time ?
- door64.com | Austin High-Tech Online – door64 is all about building an online community of high-tech professionals in Austin, Texas. We’re just starting out, but growing each day.
- SEOmoz’s Web 2.0 Awards – Our team reviewed hundreds of sites in the Web 2.0 sphere to uncover the best in each of 41 categories. From there, we assembled a team of 25 of the most knowledgeable, well-respected experts in the field to vote on the winners.
These are my links for November 18th through November 19th:
- WordPress Themes. WordPress Themes Tutorials. Blog Design. – WordPress Themes & WordPress Blog Design for Small Business. Michael D. PollockWe design powerful, easy-to-use web publishing platforms – sometimes known as blogs or content management systems – that make it easier for small business owners to connect wi
- JoeyPrimiani.com – Y Combinator does seed funding for startups. Seed funding is the earliest stage of venture funding. It pays your expenses while you?re getting started.
- http://www.ycombinator.com/s7app.txt – Y Combinator Funding Application | Summer 2007
- HDtv film Thailand » Archive » Adrian Belic, Beyond the Call – BEYOND THE CALL follows Antic and his compadres as he travels the third world bringing medicine, money , and educational tools to the poor in lands as diverse as Afghanistan or the Phillipines.
- LOL: The Life of Leo ? The personal blog of technology journalist Leo Laporte – Leo blogs Amber met the Dalai Lama and giggled. Leo’s wordpress blog. He’s back on twitter and he’s seen the light with wordpress. Hallelujah!
- The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte – I record almost all our shows from my small studio in Northern California. I’m using a mixer and a professional microphone, the rest of the participants are usually calling in via the Internet telephony program Skype