Posts tagged twitter
Door64 had a party at Austin 360 Condos on Thursday, August 20.Â It was packed.Â It was a $10 cover and 2 drink tickets in a gorgeous setting on the 9th floor where the pool and observation deck are located.Â Since it was a hot, steamy Austin night and there was a “no drinks” sign at the entrance to the pool, most people crowded into the long, narrow inside space where it was cool.Â It’s quite the luxury condo, with a mini movie theater at one end of the space and a bar at the other end.Â Matt Genovese, how did you swing such a cool venue? By the way, you don’t need pronounce the e at the end of Matt’s last name.
We weren’t able to interview much because of the noise level, so it’s mostly just pictures of people at the event.Â Maybe you can spot yourself if you were there. It was a great networking event, I ran in to Heather Havenwood, who did my SXSW interviews, and Meg Strout who was acompanied by a power auto seller Aaron Smith with Motorphilia, and Conversion Scientist Brian MasseyÂ to name a few.Â Â I told Meg to check out Aardvark, because she asked me what was hot right now and I just had a foray in to this new “ask your social network” app yesterday.Â
You can also see this video on Metacafe, Blip.tv and Veoh and I encourage youÂ to rate it up and review it if you like it.Â And if you’re in the video, drop me a note and I’ll include you in the blog post, (note at how many minutes in to the video you appear).
Sarah Vela talks at OneWebDay at Cafe Caffeine in Austin, Texas on Monday, September 22nd on “my life as an Orchid”. Sarah is a contributor to the “PushmyFollow” podcast and is very knowledgeable about web technologies and tools. She’s @orchid8 on twitter and orchid8 on a bucketfull of social networks. Her social network has pulled her through good times and bad and she’s a video podcasting and flickr maven to boot.
Paul Terry Walhus, the AustinBlogger, got 5 seconds of fame on CNN by having his twitter post put up on the CNN big screen. His twitter name is springnet. He asked about the effect of the new economic package on the mortgage holder with a high interest rate. The answer? We’ll get back to you.
Twhirl – Twhirl is a popular desktop client based on Adobe AIR so it requires the AIR download. You’ll find AIR useful for other apps also. Twhirl has a lot of cool features including multiple Twitter accounts, connect to Friendfeed, post image to Twitpic, post to Pownce and Jaiku simultaneously, and search using Tweetscan. I use it on my Windows Vista sidebar along with . . .
AlertThingy! provides a connection to twitter, friendfeed, flickr, tinyurl and allows cross commenting. It’s better than it sounds and is used as a twitter replacement by many who want to make more sense out of twitter and narrow down their focus on specific people and topics.
TwitterCal – This service allows you to post events from your Google calendar to your Twitter accounts.
Twitter Digest – This tool allows you to subscribe to a message stream from a Twitter user of a group of users on the web or through an atom feed.
Summize – A Twitter search engine, contender for the top app in this category.
Flaptor Twitter Search – A simple Twitter search engine which generates an rss feed. Also provides trends, comparisons.
del.icio.us twitter tags – what people are bookmarking about twitter lately
TopTweet – This site provides you updates from the top Twitter personalities.
Twitter100 – Allocates a box to each of the people you follow on a single page and displays their latest tweets.
Quotably – Shows Twitter userâ€™s conversations in a threaded conversational style making it easier to follow.
Tweetburner – Tweetburner lets you track what happens with the links you share on Twitter.
TwitterLocal – This shows you all the tweets on a google map from your local area and generates an RSS Feed of tweets.
TweetCloud – Let’s you make a tagcloud from a twitter user, also indexes del.icio.us
Tweetpeek – You can create a group Twitter feed with Tweetpeek.
Twitku – Mashup of Twitter, Jaiku, and Pownce public timelines. You can also post from its interface.
TwitterNotes – You can create notes on TwitterNotes using Twitter and tagging your notes.
I have to admit to being a comment poor blog.Â And I’m remiss in not putting akismet and disqus on here sooner.Â Tonight akisment gave 32,000 plus spam comments a beating.Â They’re gone.Â Room now for your comments and disqus should make things a lot more interesting.
I got turned on to the disqus comment system by Shey Smith on his most excellent blog, http://sheysmith.com and got really motivated to install it when I heard Leo Laporte and Amber Macarthur rolling in the aisles over this on their net@nite podcast broadcast live today.Â It helped push me more that Dave Winer, grandaddy of rss and blogs, is using this as well.
Disqus brings video comments, along with a community of commenters, better comment formatting, and much more.Â And the wordpress plugin install was as easy as could be.
Were you at SXSW and want to keep the experience going and stay in touch with others you met there? Here’s how! I put out a tweet to request that anyone in our “network” who has a del.icio.us account and is willing to share their del.icio.us “name,” to please send it my way and I will compile the list. This way, we can add each other to our del.icio.us networks. One of the drawbacks of all these social networking sites, is the separate interfaces, usernames and such. We are all hoping for the ultimate Mashup of social networking one day.
I’m very excited to get this ball rolling and even more excited to explore all the great bookmarks that our friends who are hot on sxsw are sharing. If you would like to be included, just post a comment here with your del.icio.us “name” and I will add you to our network or send a direct message to http://twitter.com/sxswtwit . Then, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to del.icio.us (sign up for an account if you don’t have one already)
- Click on Your Network (top left)
- On the right-hand side, in the text box, type in sxswtwit
- Click ADD
- Now sxswtwit will appear in your network beneath in blue
- Click on sxswtwit
- You are now in sxswtwit’s bookmarks, but there are none… BUT WAIT
- In the gray box at the top, it reads:
All sxswtwit’s items (0)
sxswtwit is in your network, view sxswtwit’s network
- Click on VIEW sxswtwit’s network
That’s where the magic happens. There you see all the bookmarks shared by everyone in the network, which can be a little messy OR you can look over at the right. There you can click on each member’s name and look at his/her individual bookmarks. You can even add each member to your own del.icio.us network. As more members join this sxswtwit del.icio.us network, you’ll see them added.
Right now, the only member is http://del.icio.us/springnet (me) but that will hopefully change soon. Join now!
Add your name to the comments below and you’ll be good to go or just send a direct message to http://twitter.com/sxswtwit
These are my links for February 4th through February 9th:
- FastCompany.com – Where ideas and people meet | Fast Company – Fast Company is about to shake things up again. Back in 1995, in our first issue, we announced on our cover: “Computing is…
- Flickr: The MICROSOFT: KEEP YOUR EVlL GRUBBY HANDS OFF OF OUR FLICKR Pool – funny flickr pix about microsoft
- HelloTxt – Home – post simultaneously to twitter, jaiku, pownce, plaxo, facebook, tumblr and a bunch more
- Free HTML Form Builder – Create Forms, Surveys and Invitations – web based form builder
- Splashup – Splashup, formerly Fauxto, is a powerful editing tool and photo manager. With all the features professionals use and novices want, it’s easy to use, works in real-time and allows you to edit many images at once.
- Popular Desktop Apps And Their Online Alternatives – blog index – Outfitting your computer with the latest software can be expensive. Time and money aren?t things to be wasted. With sky rocketing prices for desktop applications, you need to arm yourself with the right alternatives.
- Dive Into Web 2.0: Contents – great free web 2.0 ebook html version
- Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook – an really well presented book on the web 2.0 world
- featured drupal sites | latest showcase | drupal sites network – examples of drupal sites
- Membership Management Software and Website Design for Associations and Chambers of Commerce – Weblink International – web based membership management solution
- entrepreMusings – extraordinary woman raised about $15 million of which $3.5 million was from angels or what I would call boutique VC firms (i.e. a group of angels under one investment roof). Keep in mind that was all before the bubble burst back in 2001.
- Google Maps – googles come up with the killer election map and it’s full ‘o tweeters
- Tom Petty ? ( 187 Lyrics + 23 Albums ) – Tom Petty sings at Superbowl 2008 American Girl , Stand my Ground, Free Fallin’
These are my links for February 1st:
- Marshall Kirkpatrick – The highlights of the post are the link to this Wired article about the economy of screen scraping (great article) and this screencast about how to use Dapper that I finally recorded.
- agentgenius.com- national real estate opinion column » G-Spot – collaborative real estate blog
- wordTube at alex.rabe – playlist demo of several media files. wordTube supports streaming video format (Format .flv or .swf), sound files as MP3 and JPG, GIF or PNG grafic files. With wordTube you insert it into your blog with the tag [MEDIA=ID] or as playlist [MYPLAYLIST=ID].
- Contact Form 7 1.7.3 « iDeasilo – I released Contact Form 7 1.7.3 last week. I added two options for dropdown menu, checkboxes and radio buttons. default: option allows you to set initially selected or checked items. label-first option is for checkboxes and radio buttons; this makes check
- Building a Container House – We’re starting a container sales company and container home builder in Austin Texas so we’re looking for inspirational websites like this one by Bob Vila. http://cargotown.com http://cargosolar.com are our sites but they need content!
These are my links for January 8th through January 14th:
- DeluoGPS – Deluo MouseGPS(tm). An optical laptop USB mouse with an integrated GPS. – Available with Microsoft® Streets & Trips, the best-selling mapping software, the Deluo MouseGPSTM will help you find your way through urban jungles and the World Wide Web alike.
- ATP’s GPS Photo Finder geotags your pix OTG – Engadget – GPS Photo Finder, a unique device which automatically tags your digital pictures with latitude and longitude, without the need for a PC nearby. The little rectangular box works by reading SD, MMC or Memory Stick data and then tagging pictures on the media
- best.online.docus – Best Online Documentaries – best online documentaries
- We Want Better TV – cody keith’s spinoff? of Justin.tv… lifecasting
- 7 Twitters Of The World – Twitter: easy to love, easy to clone. The first startup a young, aspiring web developer might want to try and build will probably be some version of Twitter, which can clearly be seen from all the local/regional Twitter clones we?re encountering every d
- Twitter / Customize Your Badge – make a twitter badge for your blog or website
- Singers and Dancers Fans ? Dance Wars! Bruno Tonioli vs Carrie Ann Inaba – Dance Wars on ABC, the unofficial fan site with a live feed from http://justin.tv/austintexas …. grew out of Dancing with the Stars. Drew Laschey is hosting. Mondays 7 pm on ABCE
These are my links for December 29th through December 30th:
- Tweet Scan – Real-time Twitter Search – real time search of twitter for springnet
- One Blog Many Categories or Many Blogs? – Am I better off having one blog site with multiple categories or multiple blog sites highlighting specific interests??
- Resources to Make Money Online | TechnoTarget – Review Me pays to review products and services on your site. You control what you review. Submit your site for inclusion into our ReviewMe publisher network. One example of many ways to make money online. *****
- SocialPicks: social stock picks & research – Good Ideas By People You Trust SocialPicks is a community where stock investors exchange ideas and track performance.
- Web Worker Daily – rebooting the workforce, daily tips on working on the web
- KillerStartups.com? – The Next Big Thing on the Internet is here. You pick it – review 30+ internet startups per working day. Vote for the one you think will be a killer. Vote for http://searchslides.com eh!
- Bootstrapper » The 100 Daily Must-Reads for Entrepreneurs – The 100 Daily Must-Reads for Entrepreneurs Monday, July 23, 2007 at 7:23pm by admin These days, it seems that almost everyone has a blog, so it?s often hard to separate what?s really worth reading from what isn?t. 100 best sites
These are my links for December 27th:
- Invite Share – Everyone is invited! – some kind of crunch network
- Twitter Groups! – Twitter Groups allows you to tag your followers into different groups. Then you can send a message to those groups without needing to send the message to each person one at a time!
- Command Shift 3 – save websites you like
- ITunes: Multiple libraries in iTunes 7 – The recently-released iTunes 7 has added the much wished-for ability to manage multiple music libraries, and the Klavr weblog points out how simple it is
- AV-Comparatives – antivirus program reviews and comparisons, heard about this from chief twit Leo
- Ian’s Shoelace Site – Shoe Lacing Methods – typical cross-section of traditional and alternative lacing methods that I’ve either found or created or that have been sent to me by web site visitors.
- MyShutterspace – Photo Sharing & Photography Forums – MyShutterspace is a social network for digital photography enthusiasts. This is your place to connect with other digital photographers (both amateur and pro), share photos, videos & stories, get critiques on photos, and discuss photography techniques and
- The Big Boys of Social Bookmarking – The Top 24 Sites » 10e20 – Search, Design & Social – the folks over at eBizMBA have put together a list of the top 20 social bookmarking sites. They based their results on data on a combination of Compete.com and Quantcast data
These are my links for December 22nd:
- Wireless Networking – Wireless networking news, publications and reviews
- Home > Tweeterboard : Conversation Analytics for Twitter – Tweeterboard is a way of looking at who is influential on Twitter based on their conversations with other Twitter users. There are other services, like Twitterposter, that base influence on how many followers you have. Tweeterboard looks at who talks to u
- Political Base – Election and Candidate Information – Wacky Utterance of the Day: Huckabee and Rice
- ProductWiki, unbiased product reviews and information – ProductWiki is the resource for free, unbiased product reviews and information written and maintained by the community.
- Mozilla Labs » Blog Archive » Introducing Weave – One important area for exploration is the blending of the desktop and the Web through deeper integration of the browser with online services.
- The Crunchies 2007 – Celebrating the best of internet and technology innovation – The 2007 Crunchies is our first annual competition and award ceremony to recognize and celebrate the most compelling startups, internet and technology innovations of the year.
- Fimoculous.com – misc – Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren’t Reading – Last year I decided to put on twist on my annual “best blogs” post [2002, 2003, 2004] by taking a turn toward the obscure. it makes little sense to write a post arguing that Huffington Post is better or worse than DailyKos — or Cute Overload.
- Google Talk Gadget – chat on google talk … we’re live at http://justin.tv/austintexas from Hope BC Canada today
- Gmail Notifier – The Gmail Notifier is an application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages.
These are my links for November 22nd through November 25th:
- Niall Corbet’s slideshow on Flickr – A wonderful slide show of images from Niall Corbet, Thailand
- Spiritual Activism – These key values are guiding forces on the path of spiritual activism. They have been used to result in tremendous power and change for the world.
- http://chrisbrogan.com/rockstars/ – Here?s a list of blogs, podcasts, and videoblogs of people. People who come here, or who I love, or who make the story better when you get into it all. If you?re part of [chrisbrogan.com], then you should be on this page. Email me : blog [at] chrisbro
- HDtv film Thailand » Archive » Theo Van Gogh and the Golden Age of Hollywood – The author, former Playboy bunny and activist Susan Dusty ALDOUS joins us. Dusty delivers a birthday cake to celebrate, as my mum would say, Virginias 19th birthday.
- Videoguys – Focus FS-4 on sale $699.95 – Weighing about one pound and only 1.5 inches thick, the FS-4 Portable DTE Recorder brings Direct To Edit® Technology to your DV or HDV handheld camcorder is what Cali Lewis uses.
- J. LeRoy’s Evolving Web – I’m Living In My Tabset I noticed today that Windows XP pretty much confirms that I no longer use desktop applications like I used to. This is http://twitter.com/ourfounder
- iSmi –
- Austin – Mahalo – This search result is for information on Austin, Texas. We also have results for Austin Restaurants, Austin Vacation, Austin Tours, and Austin Hotels.
- HDtv film Thailand » Archive » Surfer rock legend is now Thai expat with new memoir – once upon a time, in the California Inland Empire outside of Los Angeles, garage rock ruled. A young surfer dude dreamed of escape from the provincial ticky tacky of Riverside. Little did Rick Brown know his fate was to be the lead singer of one of the gr
- PickyPirate – A Metacritic-Bittorrent mashup – This is a mashup between Metacritic and leading bittorrent search engines Mininova and The Pirate Bay. It displays the most highly rated items from the last month, and does its best to match it automatically with the healthiest public torrent available.